Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I cooked. I shipped.

I cooked tonight. Well, sort of.

As I approached college graduation in December I found myself saying a couple times “after I’m done with school, I should learn how to cook better.” 

My cooking repertoire has been limited to spaghetti, some grilling, and cooking a mean frozen pizza.  I don’t plan on ever being on Chopped, Iron Chef or one of those shows, I just want to be able to assemble a nice meal that doesn’t come out of a box or wrapper.

When I thought about cooking better, it was coming up with new types of burgers, or something different to throw in the crock pot.

Tonight, my wife is working out of town and my son is staying late at robotics to build something. As I pulled away from work, I was thinking – “what drive thru can I hit easily and get home” but then I remembered “pork chops.”

There were some pork chops pulled out of the freezer, “Smoky Apple Pork Chops” to be precise. I can make those. I think.  And we have some red potatoes too.  Instead of walking in the door and plopping in front of the TV, I went to work in the kitchen.  Found the potatoes, cut them up, drizzled some olive oil on them and found some seasonings that I thought might work. 

I was so clueless on how to cook everything that I texted a friend. She didn’t reply.

Here we go – the chops and potatoes went in the oven – and about 50 minutes later they came out cooked and tasty.


I cooked. I shipped. 



This post is part of the Winnie Kao / Seth Godin "Your Turn Challenge" to blog seven days in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment