Thursday, January 22, 2015

Bueller.......Bueller.......Bueller

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
                                              - Ferris Bueller

Ferris said that in 1986, what would he say today?  The 24 hour news (and sports) cycle, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr , and so many faces permanently staring at screens, has life moving faster than ever. 

We NEED to take a break. Sometimes in my car I actually turn off the radio / CD / podcast or whatever I’m listening to and enjoy the silence.  Shocking.

The other night I came home and left the TV off. That never happens. Granted I was on the computer, but still its progress.

A few years ago I did some digital detox Saturdays, where I stayed off line for at least 12 hours, sometimes even longer. It was fantastic. Now I didn’t purge all electronics, but there was no checking Facebook or Twitter, no worrying about emails. It was fantastic.

Try it.  Maybe this Saturday. But try it. We all should.

That’s all I got. Thanks Ferris.











……….You’re still here? It’s over!

No comments:

Post a Comment